Alimony & Asset Division

Protecting Your Finances In Alimony And Asset Division

Determining alimony and dividing assets are easily two of the most contentious issues in a divorce. When you approach these matters, it is crucial to have a lawyer on your side who can advocate staunchly for your best interests.

This is where I come in. I am David Meth, Esq. For 30 years, I have helped New Jersey clients achieve their goals when it comes to alimony and property and debt division. As a certified mediator in family law, I am very skillful at finding beneficial resolutions through mediation. When necessary, though, I will not hesitate to represent you at trial.

What Types Of Alimony Does New Jersey Have?

Our state has no fewer than five types of spousal support for divorce cases. These include:

  • Pendente lite alimony, which is paid from one spouse to the other when the divorce is still pending
  • Limited-duration alimony, which is temporary until the dependent spouse becomes financially independent
  • Rehabilitative alimony, which supports a spouse as they seek education or job training to become independent
  • Reimbursement alimony, which is for a spouse who provided financial support to the other spouse for education or job training
  • Permanent alimony, which goes to spouses who can demonstrate to the court that they cannot become financially independent

Having handled thousands of cases, I can help you understand the types of alimony, which one applies to your case and the amount that may be necessary.

Let’s Have A Frank Talk About Assets And Debts

New Jersey is an equitable property state, which means that the court will divide assets – and debts – equitably between spouses. When you make a free consultation with me, I can help you understand how this law applies to you. I will also have a straightforward conversation about how your divorce arrangement may affect your financial future.

Request Your Free Consultation

Contact me, David Meth, Esq., in Freehold today to schedule a free initial consultation. Call 732-800-4898 or send me an email, and I will respond as promptly as possible. I am ready to help you with your divorce matter.