Mediation: What You Should Know
Mediation is an excellent alternative to the drawn-out, contentious process of litigation. By contrast, mediation usually takes less time and costs less money.
If you are curious about mediation, you should contact me, David Meth, Esq. I am not only a divorce attorney with more than 30 years of experience. In a free initial consultation, we can discuss more about mediation and whether it is right for you.
The Many Benefits Of Mediation
Mediation has become a popular alternative to trial in divorce cases because it offers many benefits. For example:
- Cost-efficiency: Generally, mediation is less expensive than going to trial.
- Speed: It usually takes less time to resolve a case through mediation. Litigation can take months, if not years.
- Amicability: Cooperating with the other party goes a long way toward maintaining a cordial relationship.
- Privacy: Unlike a trial, where the proceedings are public record, everything that happens in mediation remains private.
- Control: Rather than having a judge issue a decision, mediation allows both parties a degree of control.
Get A Board-Certified Mediator In Family Law
I am a board-certified family law mediator per the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts. It is rare for an attorney to complete the long process to become board-certified. To achieve certification, I took extensive additional training and education. This knowledge, combined with three decades of experience, is a testament to the skill that I bring to my client’s mediation sessions.
Interested In Mediation? Learn More.
You can learn more about mediation and whether it is right for you when you contact me. I provide free initial consultations at my office location in Freeburg. Contact my firm today by calling 732-800-4898 or by using my online contact form.